In this policy, Checkpoint Systems (Aust/NZ) Pty Ltd outlines our ongoing obligations in respect of how we manage your personal information.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
We will primarily collect personal information from you either directly such as when you subscribe to a news alert or request information from us, including through the Contact Us form available on our website or indirectly from your interactions with us such as by monitoring your use of the website and apps. In some cases, we may also to collect personal information about you from third parties (such as recruitment agencies).
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- contact details, including: name, mailing or street address, email addresses, phone and facsimile number, organisation for whom you work, and other contact details;
- financial details, including your bank account number; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
- when you communicate with us in person and through interview correspondence, telephone, webchats, email, or when you share information with us from other services, or otherwise interact with our business;
- when you provide goods or services to us;
- when you require goods or services from us;
- via our website www.checkpointsystems.com,
- from your website, from media and publications or from other publicly available sources and from third parties.
Collection for work and screening requirements
In addition, when a person applies for a job or otherwise applies to work with us, we may collect the following additional information:
- identification information, including age or date of birth, and gender;
- identity verification information, including driver’s licence number, copy of driver’s licence, motor vehicle registration number, vehicle plate number, tax file number, birth or citizenship certificate, passport number, and photographs;
- information relating your citizenship, work visa and other information to verify your right to work.
- information about your personal circumstances, including your marital status;
- information about third parties, such as a family member, spouse, partner, dependent, housemate or other person with whom you live or have close relationships;
- information about legal proceedings that you are, or have been, involved in;
- information about your education and working history, including current and past position title and qualifications, resume details, and training history;
- sensitive information including information about your health, criminal background, political affiliations and memberships of any clubs, associations or interest groups.
- results of any psychometric tests and background checks (including criminal records checks), your work visa and other information to verify your identity and right to work.
For persons who apply to work with us, we may collect this information either directly from you, or from publicly available records, recruitment consultants, your referees, your previous employers, organisations that provide labour hire services, organisations that undertake working and criminal history assessments and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
If you are listed as a reference, we may collect your personal information from the person who has provided that information and is the subject of that application, or from publicly available records, organisations that undertake working and criminal history assessments and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on the application.
COVID-19 related collection
Where it is reasonably necessary for the functions or activities of our business (including preventing or managing COVID-19), we may collect health and other information from you. This may include:
- your COVID-19 vaccination status (including whether you have a medical reason for not being vaccinated or the date of any appointment to receive a vaccination);
- your current health status (such as your temperature, and whether you are experiencing any indications or symptoms of illness or have returned a positive test for COVID-19 infection); and
- whether you are subject to any public health directive (such as movement restrictions);
- whether and where you have travelled to particular locations including overseas or attended at an exposure site or have had contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or any of their close contacts, in the past period we nominate, for example, 14 days.
- We will collect and record the minimum personal information reasonably necessary to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 and will generally only use it for that purpose, will take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and will destroy it once it is no longer needed for that purpose and will store it in Australia.
Why do we collect, use and disclose Personal Information?
The purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal information will depend on the type of personal information collected and the context in which it was collected. However, the primary purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information are:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to allow you to provide goods and services to us;
- to market or promote, and allow us to provide, goods and services to you;
- to make payments to you for goods and services you provide to us, including paying you remuneration and other benefits and entitlements;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to verify your identity and conduct assessments to assess your suitability to work with us;
- to better understand how you use our websites so we can improve our websites, goods and services;
- to consider the suitability of a person for whom you have provided a character reference, or for whom you have been listed as being a close contact;
- to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to manage workplace health and safety risks (including preventing and managing the impact of COVID-19), such as permitting entry to our places of business, managing staffing requirements, facilitating attendance at our customer’s premises or related worksites, and for contact tracing.
We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the purposes above, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
If we do not collect your personal information, it may affect our ability to perform these functions.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- our employees and our related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers, including for example, payment systems operators for the purposes of making payments to you or to third parties on your behalf;
- third parties with which we do business and/or lease premises. This includes our customers or their counterparties who manage worksites or premises and require certain information about to permit entry to you to those locations;
- our professional agents and advisers (such as our lawyers or accountants);
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Government Related Identifiers
In Australia, Government Related Identifiers are defined in the Privacy Act and include your tax file number, driver licence number, motor vehicle registration number, vehicle plate number and passport number. We are required to comply with laws relating to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of Government Related Identifiers. We will only use and disclose Government Related Identifiers that you provide to us in accordance with the law.
Disclosure of personal information overseas
We may disclose your personal information overseas within our corporate group or with our IT providers who require the information for the purposes in this policy. The company uses cloud services and as such servers maybe located in Australia or overseas. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the relevant law.
Security of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We generally store the personal information that we collect in electronic databases. These databases are currently hosted in Australia and overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the relevant law.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing.
We will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information.
In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
If you consider that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
20 Fletcher Road Chirnside Park Vic 3116
Ph 1300 369 338