1. LEGAL INFORMATION AND ACCEPTANCE
Pursuant to The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 and other applicable regulations, the general information details of this website are indicated below:
|Holder||Checkpoint Systems (UK) Ltd. (“CHECKPOINT”)|
|Address||Fulmer House 7 Votec Centre, Hambridge Lane, Newbury, England, RG14 5TN|
|Registration details||Registered in England and Wales with company number 00465643|
Any person who accesses this website, including its web pages (the "Website"), is a user of the Website (“you”, ‘your”, "User" or "Users"), committing to the observance and strict compliance with the provisions set forth herein, as well as any other legal provisions that may apply.
CHECKPOINT reserves the right to modify any information that may appear on the Website (including these terms), without there being any obligation to give prior notice or inform users of these modifications, as the publication on CHECKPOINT’s website is deemed sufficient.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
2. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
All the contents of the Website, e.g. texts, photographs, graphics, images, icons, technology, software, links and other audiovisual or sound content, as well as its graphic design and source code (the "Contents"), are the intellectual property of CHECKPOINT or third parties. The User is granted a licence to the Contents to the extent strictly necessary for the ordinary use of the Website. The Contents are not otherwise licensed to the User and none of the Contents are assigned to the User.
The trademarks, trade names and logos are owned by CHECKPOINT or third parties. Access to the Website does not confer any right or licence in or to those trademarks, trade names and / or logos.
Infringement of the abovementioned rights will result in legal proceedings.
For the purposes of protecting potential intellectual property rights, in the event that any user or third party considers that there has been an infringement of his/her/its rights by the incorporation of any particular content on the Website, the person concerned must notify this to CHECKPOINT, attaching the relevant information.
In no event shall CHECKPOINT be liable for the infringement by a third party or by the User of any third parties’ intellectual rights.
The User undertakes to use the Website in accordance with applicable law and these terms, as well as with the other conditions, regulations and instructions reasonably provided to the User by CHECKPOINT. The User shall be liable to CHECKPOINT and/or any affected third parties for any damages that may be caused as a result of breach of this obligation.
It is expressly prohibited to use the Website for purposes: harmful to the property or interests of CHECKPOINT or of third parties; or which otherwise overload, damage or disable networks, servers and other computer equipment (hardware) or computer products and applications (software) owned by CHECKPOINT or third parties.
The User agrees to use the Contents in accordance with applicable law and these terms, as well as with the other conditions, regulations and instructions reasonably provided to the User by CHECKPOINT.
By way of illustration only and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the User, except to the extent permitted by (and in accordance with) any applicable law, must not:
- Reproduce, copy, distribute, make available, publicly disclose, transform or modify the Contents, except where expressly approved by CHECKPOINT or by the holder of the relevant rights, where appropriate.
- Retrieve, reproduce, reuse and/or copy any software or databases comprised in the Contents and must not publicly communicate or disclose the same to third parties.
- Use the Contents and/or the Website for the purposes other than those for which they were made available and (for example) must not use the Contents or the Website to carry out any activities that are illegal, violate the rights of third parties, infringe any intellectual property laws and/or breach any other rule of applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- Introduce to the Website or otherwise disseminate content or propaganda: of a racist, xenophobic, fraudulent, harmful, bullying, insulting, intimidating, humiliating or pornographic nature; that may be reasonably be regarded as constituting a direct/indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; that may reasonably be regarded as approving or endorsing acts of terrorism; or that violates human rights.
- Introduce to the Website or otherwise disseminate data programs (e.g. viruses and harmful software) likely to cause adversely affect the operation of the computer systems of CHECKPOINT or of CHECKPOINT’s access provider or other suppliers or of any other third parties.
- Convey, transfer or make available to third parties any type of information, data or content that violates fundamental rights and public freedoms recognized by applicable law and in international treaties.
- Convey, transfer or make available to third parties any type of information, data or content that constitutes unlawful or unfair advertising.
- Convey unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, advertising material, ‘junk mail’, ‘chain letters’, ‘Ponzi schemes’ or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as commercial spaces) that are exclusively intended for that purpose.
- Provide or disseminate any false, ambiguous or inaccurate information or content or otherwise undertake any provision of information or content that misleads the recipients of such information or content.
- Impersonate other Users by using their login details for the Website.
- Convey, transfer or make available to third parties any information, data or content that infringes the intellectual property rights of CHECKPOINT or any third parties.
- Convey, transfer or make available to third parties any type of information, data or content that involves a violation of any obligation of confidence or law relating personal data protection.
In the event that we consider that a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. In particular (without limitation), we have the right to disclose your identity to the appropriate authorities and/or third parties in the event that (respectively) this information is requested by such authorities (and/or we reasonably believe that any law has been broken) or any third party claims that you have infringed their rights.
3.3 Data collection forms
All the information and data provided by the User through the forms available on the Website for the above purposes, or any other, must be truthful and accurate. Accordingly, the User warrants that the information and data provided is wholly accurate and that they will keep the information provided to CHECKPOINT fully updated from time to time. In all cases, the User will be liable for any false or inaccurate information or data provided and any damage caused to CHECKPOINT or any third parties as a result of the provision of such false or inaccurate information or data.
3.4 Incorporation of links to/from the Website
In the event that references or hyperlinks to third party Internet sites are available on the Website, CHECKPOINT will not exercise any control over such sites or their content. In no event shall CHECKPOINT be liable for the contents of any third party website, nor does it make any warranty, representation, endorsement or provide any guarantee as to the quality, reliability, accuracy, breadth, veracity, validity or legality of any material or information to which those references or hyperlinks resolve or which is available on those other Internet sites.
You may link (including via the Twitter and LinkedIn platforms) to the home page of our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link to our site: (a) in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists; or (b) in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
4. LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
Access to the Website does not imply any obligation on the part of CHECKPOINT to check the veracity, accuracy, adequacy, suitability, completeness and timeliness of the information provided through it and CHECKPOINT makes no warranties, representations or guarantees in relation to such information.
In particular (but without limitation), CHECKPOINT:
- does not guarantee (and makes no warranties or representations) that the Contents will be updated at all times, or that they are accurate and free of errors. Accordingly, CHECKPOINT is not responsible for any damage to the User or any third party who is harmed as a result of the Contents (or the use thereof), including as a result of not obtaining an expected benefit; and
- hereby informs the User that, while it makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the photographs of its products that appear on the Website, CHECKPOINT is not responsible for the fidelity with which the images are reproduced on your screen or device. Moreover, CHECKPOINT’s obligations in respect of any purchase of such products (for example, regarding the characteristics of those products) are set out in its terms and conditions of sale. (In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between these terms and such terms and conditions of sale, the terms and conditions of sale shall prevail.)
4.2 Quality service
Access to the Website does not imply any obligation on the part of CHECKPOINT to ensure it is free of viruses, worms or any other harmful computer program. It is up to the User to have suitable tools for the detection and deletion of harmful computer programs.
CHECKPOINT is not responsible for any damage to the computer equipment of Users or third parties resulting from CHECKPOINT’s provision of the Website (including, without limitation, as a result of any viruses, worms or any other harmful computer program which may affect the Users and/or any third parties devices).
4.3 Service Availability
CHECKPOINT makes no guarantees, warranties or representations that the Website will be available at any time and shall not be liable for any unavailability of the Website.
In particular (without limitation), access to the Website requires the services and supplies of third parties (including transport of data through telecommunications networks whose reliability, quality, continuity and operation depend on third parties). Accordingly, CHECKPOINT shall not be liable for any damages of any kind caused to the User as a result of the failure in the services and supplies of third parties that cause the suspension, cancellation or interruption of the availability of the Website.
5. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
In general, in order to access and surf the contents of the Website, registration is not necessary. However, the use of certain services and access to certain content on the Website may be subject to prior registration.
All data you provide to us via the Website must be accurate, up-to-date and truthful. At all times you will be responsible for safeguarding your login details for the Website and you assume liability for any damage that may arise from your misuse or negligent disclosure/loss of your login details (including any activities on the Website by third parties using your login details).
In the event that anyone else may (or you suspect may) know your login details, you must notify us immediately. Where we know or believe that anyone other than you is aware of your login details or that you have breached these terms, we may immediately suspend those login details without notice to you.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability to you for: fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; death or personal injury caused by negligence; any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or limit liability.
7. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of, or in connection with, them or their subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
CHECKPOINT and the User each irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of, or in connection with, these terms or their subject matter or formation.